Live Chat Software is a help desk system for a web site that enables the customer to contact them in case of any queries or when they are stuck with an issue while they go through your web site. It is usually used by those web sites which sell products. Live chat support software does not cost much to implement when compared to other means of live customer services. Below given are some reasons why live chat software satisfies your customer:
- In live chat support software, an operator can assist more than one customer at a time. This is one of its major advantages as it saves a lot of time and patience for the customer. The role of a support specialist is at its peak in such a situation where he is answerable to more than one query from multiple customers. The number of chat windows he or she can handle depends completely on his caliber of handling customer inquiries. On the other hand in telephone-based live support you can deal with only one call at a time, you cannot do multi-tasking. Hence the communication in telephonic live support is linear in nature.
- A customer is satisfied as long as the chat operator has the knowledge of the customer service procedures and has good language in English and writing skills for communicating with the customer. There is no regional accent interference or linguistic nuances as the communication is not verbal.
- As long as you have access to the Internet, chat operators can provide customer support technically and non-technically all around the world, there is no geographical proximity. Telephone connectivity across borders is costly as most of the countries have set tariffs on both outbound and inbound international calls. As of now, there is no tax on the chat system.
- Since the chat is in a written script it is easy to generate the copy script of a chat. There is a built-in feature in the software to save the chat history. Chat transcripts will help you in improving the quality of the customer services provided. Hence, a chat administrator can keep a track of the service provided and identify the potential pitfalls so as to take necessary measures in a timely manner to avoid future issues. For new chat operators and representatives, chat transcripts are very much in use during the training sessions. Even though telephone conversations can be recorded, it is not an easy task to convert this conversation into a text script. When compared to live chat support this is a ready script that is available, no conversion required.
- Billing of a telephone call is in minute rate or according to the time duration, in chat support there is no minute billing you can chat with your customer until he is completely convinced by you.
Any time if you are planning to add live chat software to your web-based application, it will surely make sense as it is the most effective remote server support solutions. Compared to all other remote support solutions this is the most effective software.